Subject: Re: Location for x86emu
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/30/2007 23:44:36
On 30-Nov-2007 Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On a different platform, you would have to map the adapter ROM (needs to
> be done on x86 later as well), figure out the VGA port mapping (to be
> done on x86 as well) and provide real functions for the in/out
> callbacks. I do not know yet, if we need to emulate e.g. the i8254, but
> if we want to use vesafb or so, we certainly have to.

Prep is a very PC-like platform.  Mapping the ROM's is easy enough, as is the
VGA ports, as they are just bog standard PC I/O ports.  We even have an i8254
on the machine.

What exactly are the "in/out callbacks"?  isa_inb/outb?

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/