Subject: Re: Location for x86emu
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/30/2007 10:25:25
	How about /usr/src/sys/compat/i386-real
-Brian

On Nov 30,  3:38pm, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
} On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:35:40AM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:
} > Joerg: How about src/sys/emul/x86 ?  I don't think it fits nicely in any
} > existing location.
}
} I wanted to avoid adding another toplevel directory for no good reason.
} You can think of it as emulation or just as compatibility layer. It is
} abstract, but needs more glue code before it can be used on non-x86. For
} example, you might have to emulate some x86 hardware and the
} pass-through of in/out would certainly not work.
}
} src/common could be considered as well, given that it is code that can
} be used both in userland and kernel.
}
} Joerg