Subject: Re: Unionfs write problem with RO bottom layer.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/27/2007 22:12:38
On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 08:08:49PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> +				}
> +				un2 = VTOUNION(un->un_dirvp);

Doh.  This should of course be VTOUNION(un2->un_dirvp), and with it
that way, instead of spinning forever, I get a quick crash from a null
pointer dereference.  Can't walk up via un_pvp either, it seems.

I believe this is the right algorithm to fix this problem, but how do
I safely walk up and test at each level?

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."	      - Noam Chomsky