Subject: killing the "l" argument from vfs
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/24/2007 22:08:35
I'm working on a patch which will rid the vfs interfaces of the randomly
teleporting "l".  At least VFS_ and VOP_ will get the treatment, I still
need to investigate componentname.  This will clarify the interfaces,
as currently the passed value for lwp might be NULL in some cases.
The new way is to fetch curlwp if it's desired (which is already done
in plenty of places due to "l" not being always passed)..

If someone has problems with this, please scream very loudly very soon.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/