Subject: Re: ISA direct config of ACPI devices
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Gary Thorpe <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/22/2007 23:32:42
--- Christos Zoulas <> wrote:

> In article <>,
> Matthias Drochner  <> wrote:
> >
> > said:
> >> This is not the problem I'm trying to solve.
> >
> >So what else? As said, we should rather move away from isa.
> I agree with Matthias here. I don't think that isa should be
> mandatory
> for ACPI to work.
> christos

ACPI configures devices that do not necessarily 'attach' to the ACPI
BIOS. ACPI can configure ISA devices which physically attach to an ISA
bus: maybe this functionality itself _should_ logically require ISA bus
support with missing support simply meaning ISA devices cannot be
configured using ACPI (the rest of the ACPI functionality should be unaffected).

      Looking for a X-Mas gift?  Everybody needs a Flickr Pro Account.