Subject: Re: ISA direct config of ACPI devices
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/22/2007 10:58:43
On 22-Nov-2007 Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> It appears that these are intended to be used between EISA, ISAPnP,
> PNPBIOS, etc. My reason for not using the existing isapnpdevs table was
> that I assumed that nobody was building new ISAPnP hardware anymore, and
> I didn't want to touch what was essentially finished.

Oddly enough, I have PNP device names in PReP for a variety of PCI devices too.

I think the name "isapnp" is a little overloaded these days, as various
companies have been using them for very non-ISA devices.  Perhaps we could make
use of a single unified "pnpdevs" file that prep, acpi, isapnp, etc could all
share.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/