Subject: Re: wading through the cardbus code....
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/30/2007 16:58:18
On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 02:58:55AM -0700, Tom Spindler wrote:
> On a related topic: I've heard that there were plans afoot some time
> ago to merge cardbus with pci; what technical issues remain preventing
> that from happening? (modulo Copious Spare Time)

- Spare time (or better, higher priority items on the to do list)
- Merge of the rest of the initialisation code into generic PCI
functions (this most likely also means making PCI_FIXUP_* MI)
- A decision how to deal with the power management of the Cardbus
devices.

I should add that the last one is an active topic for the jmcneill-pm
branch and I am inclined to just get that addressed in the general
fashion first.

Joerg