Subject: Re: iic(4) device discovery
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/20/2007 10:42:49
Hi,

On 10/20/07, Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:
>
> > IMHO (but it's late at night here, this is just a quick gut feeling) a
> > direct configured ofiic bus with tiny special attachments is the
> > cleaner
> > solution.
>
> I would much rather see a properties-based solution whereby a platform-
> specific callback could provide an array of devices to be direct-
> configured.

This sounds fine too. Would this be a 'prop_array_t' object being
added to the 'struct i2c_controller' or an array member being added to
the device properties dictionary of iic(4)?

I think the later will be problematic, because the device list is
controller-specific more than platform-specific, so it should be
created and passed directly by the I2C controller (ki2c or cuda in the
above examples).

--

     -Marco