Subject: Re: MI interrupt description
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/04/2007 20:57:06
On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 08:23:13PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Hi all,
> is it possible to define platform independent definitions for normal
> interrupt routing constants? From x86 we have to distinguish at least
> between Active Low / Active High and Edge / Level triggered interrupts.

If you want to do this generically, you need to allow for interrupts
to be triggered on either the rising, falling or both edges.

In the past I've had to pass the level/edge info in the high bits of the
priority field in order to save device drivers having to know the
gory details of interrupt routing (that was an SA1100/1101 system running
an OS I never want to have to handle again).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk