Subject: Re: ATAPI devices on an AHCI controller
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/03/2007 11:17:16
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:20:11PM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed NetBSD-current on a new-ish Dell workstation today.  I'd
> like to use ahcisata(4), but there's only one controller, and wd0 is
> on port 0 while cd0 is on port 1.  If I use AHCI, the driver ignores
> the ATAPI device on port 1.  What must be done to support this
> configuration?

Basically, write the missing parts in ahcisata.c. It has to offer the same
services as scspipi/atapi_wdc.c, especially:
- provide a scsipi_bustype with the proper callbacks
- provide a ahcisata_atapi_scsipi_request()
- write a ahcisata_atapibus_attach() fliing properly the scsipi_adapter
  and scsipi_channel structures.