Subject: Re: EJUSTRETURN in VOP_LOOKUP
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/01/2007 19:02:53
On Mon Oct 01 2007 at 11:53:30 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> That patch doesn't seem to change the documentation

Yea, I didn't want to go through that trouble yet if there are good
objections.

> and it leaves out some filesystems.

Ah, damn, I always forget coda is hiding in it's own hierarchy ;)

> Does this extend to higher-level lookup routines, and how does one tell
> between:
>   some directory wasn't there in the path (an actual error)
> and
>   all directories were there and the desired new name wasn't

namei returns success for the latter case just like it has always done.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/