Subject: Re: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300 support ::: Fixed by
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: C. K. <ck74@operamail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/30/2007 17:56:34
I would like to keep NetBSD people informed... So;

I have tried many ways to have native 1280x800 resolution, using "vesa"
driver, using alpha release of "radeonhd" driver from suse repository.

I've tried the most recent Ati's 8.41.7 driver in the end, it didn't work. I
really thank Brian de Alwis. He suggested me to use 8.38.6 version and
released a new wip/ati-xfree86-bin package for me. I got it through CVS and
it worked.

I really dont like to use closed drivers, but at this time i need to wait
until RadeonHD at
"http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Drivers:/Video:/radeonhd/openSUSE_10.3/i586/
" will become stable.

Best regards,