Subject: Re: Thread benchmarks
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jaime Fournier <ober@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/30/2007 23:14:40
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

Hi,
> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:40:28 -0400
> From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
> To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
> Cc: tech-kern@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: Thread benchmarks
>

> Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org> writes:
>> Here are the results, comparing NetBSD 3 with NetBSD-current:
>>
>>         http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/sysbench/netbsd.png
>>
>> And NetBSD-current compared to other systems:
>>
>>         http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/sysbench/netbsd-and-others.png
>>
>> Note this is stock NetBSD-current with FreeBSD's malloc() (jemalloc) in
>> libc. I'll be merging that some time soon.
>
> This is all very impressive. Congratulations -- clearly your work has
> been paying off.
>
> It would be interesting if you could include x86 Solaris in future
> benchmarks.
>
> Perry

http://www.netbsd.org/~ober/
Some basic tests on a 4x P-III 500mhz Xeon with 2MB L2.
I created one million rows and ran sysbench in oltp mode in both default
ReadWrite, and Readonly.

Did not make use of ZFS or any other optimizations.
Will be testing the recommendations for Mysql on Solaris.

Jaime Fournier
ober@netbsd.org