Subject: Re: Blackberry Curve, USB, and NetBSD?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/26/2007 14:48:40
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, der Mouse wrote:

> umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
> umass0: Research In Motion RIM Mass Storage Device, rev 1.10/1.06, addr 2
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> scsibus1 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
> sd1 at scsibus1 target 0 lun 0: <RIM, BlackBerry SD, 0001> disk removable
> sd1: drive offline
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this just hopeless?  (In the
> meantime, I'll ten-finger copy the data off...and send a rant to the
> person who chose the bloody things.)

I have a Sony Walkman player that I see the same type of thing, only with
"using ATAPI" instead of "using SCSI".  With various combinations of
"disklabel sd0" and "scsictl sd0 start", I can usually get it into an
online state and access it.  I don't know whether this would work or not
in your case.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant