Subject: Re: code to store the path of the executable in struct proc...
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/21/2007 07:58:15
On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 01:14:00AM +0100, Andrew Doran wrote:

> The reverse mapping makes me uncomfortable. For MP the namecache needs to be
> simple because it's one item of shared state that gets hammered on. Is it
> possible to get the path at exec time?

That shouldn't be too hard, I suspect that the terminal part of the name
is still referencable from the 'exec package' at the end of the exec.

For chroot, what do we do for a program that chroots itself?
The directory containing the program binary may be outside the chroot!

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk