Subject: Re: PR 36963
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/20/2007 11:40:06
>> Perhaps it'd be a good idea for me to push a bit harder on my
>> root-on-cgd project, though, in case this turns out to be Really
>> Hard to fix.
> What's the difference between what I'm doing now, and the system
> you're working on?

My design does not involve chroot or init.root; it is a way to get cgd0
set up early enough for a kernel with "root on cgd0" (or equivalent,
eg, suitable responses when booting with -a) to work.  Or rather, I
should say it "will be" such a way, since it doesn't quite exist yet.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign