Subject: memory stats on softupdates
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/14/2007 11:51:00
I've been working on reproducing an archive (with public data)
that causes a kernel panic on netbsd-3 and RC1. It was suggested
I use sysctl to get stats on how much memory softupdates is using,
but that seems available in FreeBSD only.

Is there a way I can get memory stats for soft updates in a netbsd
generic?  It would also be useful to know how many pipe resources
are being used.

Maybe there is some other resources I could look at too? The
crash happens when extracting a 21Gb tar.bz2 archive with lots of
hardlinks and data with 10:1 compression ratio.

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><