Subject: Envy24 support
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: De Zeurkous <zeurkous@nichten.info>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/14/2007 05:22:47
Haai,

[My apologies for the rantness -- I'll get me some more sleep.]

Since my current CMI8738 audio interface is slowly dying, I've been
looking for a decent replacement. However, every potential candidate I've
selected utilizes the VIA Envy24 audio processor, which does not seem to
be currently supported. It seems to have been waiting for ~6 years now --
is it such a pain to drive, or is there little interest in it? I'm not
looking forward to dealing with Lunix brain-damage and the ALSA disaster
for very much longer.

Is anyone working on such support? I'd really appreciate it :)

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!

P.S.: De eerste inwoner van Nederland (daarbuiten bezorgen wij helaas
niet) die er significant aan werkt krijgt bovendien de NichtNet appeltaart
:)