Subject: Re: hang w/ high kern.maxvnodes
To: Andrew Doran <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/2007 09:58:34
On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 02:56:32PM +0100, Andrew Doran wrote:
> Oops, I meant -fno-omit-frame-pointer.

I figured... :-)

I've copied GENERIC.MP to a custom config and added:
makeoptions     COPTS="-O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer"
options         DDB             # in-kernel debugger
options         DDB_HISTORY_SIZE=512    # enable history editing in DDB
makeoptions     DEBUG="-g"      # compile full symbol table
options         DIAGNOSTIC      # expensive kernel consistency checks
options         DEBUG           # expensive debugging checks/support
options         LOCKDEBUG

I'll reboot with that and work on reproduction.  It'll take a little

Allen Briggs  |  |