Subject: Re: device busy upon mount
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/07/2007 15:19:33
On Thu Sep 06 2007 at 16:26:59 +0200, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> > > i've created a liveCD (using mklivecd) that works well, except that
> > > I'm having problems
> > > with mounting ffs or lfs. I've used the sources from August 30 (4.99.30).
> > > When I try to mount an lfs or ffs partition I'm getting always "device busy"
> > > Other mounts like nfs, tmpfs or ptyfs are not affected and working well.
> > >
> > > To get an impression, please download the liveCD from http://www.jihbed.net/
> > >
> > > A ktruss revealed nothing useful. The problem seems to be related to the
> > > liveCD only, since my workstation using the same sources have no
> > > problems at all.
> >
> > If I am correct, livecd does not have ddb.  This would be easier to
> > debug on a livecd build with ddb in the kernel.
> You can break into the debugger. The livecd is built with debug and lockdebug.

Right.  Sorry, I didn't notice that it switched to vt1 from the console
during boot and I couldn't therefore find the debugger ;)

Anyway, I am investigating (piecewise continuously in 5min timeslices,
so I'm not making great progress).  The reason it fails is because the
system thinks the vnode backing wd0a is mounted already.  Did you say
this problem appeared recently in -current?

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/