Subject: Re: Device power management patch
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/25/2007 00:02:22
Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> As for 'basic message passing interface', that's kind've where I've gone
> with this since the last patch I posted -- so much that I'm tempted to
> change the name of this science project.

If you have time, I would recommend doubg some reading about
some of the classic GUI design paradigms such as model-view-presentation
where messages are passed around between objects to do tasks.
I forget now if it is MnVP or MVnP (where n represents a
many to many relationship.)  Some of these designs are not
quite as efficient as others.  Oh, this applies more to Java
and eiffel (both strong object based languages) than C/C++.

Darren