Subject: Need help porting Chelsio driver from FreeBSD
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/10/2007 15:35:07
Hello, all,

My brother Patrick and I are porting the FreeBSD Chelsio driver (cxgb, by
Kip Macy) to NetBSD. We've gotten it to the point where it compiles,
the hardware gets found on the PCI bus, the driver gets called, and we
start reading stuff from the hardware.

We need some help figuring out some NetBSD specific stuff which isn't
clear between NetBSD or FreeBSD. For instance:

How are taskqueues from FreeBSD best implemented in NetBSD?

(that's the most compelling thing at the moment)

The files are src/sys/dev/pci/cxgb* in case you'd like to look.

More to come.

Thanks,
John Klos