Subject: Re: soc zfs: taskqueue / workqueue
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/10/2007 13:57:23
--3U8TY7m7wOx7RL1F

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 12:08:08PM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> I think a small number of general-purpose queues that run [in]
> particular [..] circumstances would be a great idea

As well as the instance examples from freebsd, we've talked before
about per-cpu workqueues each with a cpu-bound lwp processing jobs
=66rom it, for running things like est frequency changes.

If you wanted to run something on all cpu's, you could either insert a
task on all those queues, or arrange for the task to run on the first,
and add itself to the next cpu's workqueue each time, depending on the
nature of what you wanted to run.

--
Dan.

--3U8TY7m7wOx7RL1F