Subject: Re: Merging usbdevs files from others BSD
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/04/2007 12:17:33
On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:18:04PM +0000, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following a discussion on sources-changes@ about merging usbdevs file from the
> *BSD, I made a small ruby script to handle this more or less automatically.
> Warner Losh already told me he merged freebsd and netbsd one by hand, and tried
> to figure out where things did differ, but I think this script could still be
> usefull for the future (and for merging more than 2 two usbdevs files).

What does it give us if we don't support these devices?
Yes, it would be nice to have a name instead of a number, but then you have
to deal with that we not really support them.
Then there is the different short vs. long names, which was allready mentioned
that this would increase the kernel size and the additional new entries.

Bernd

P.S. A shell script would be better since this could be used by the base NetBSD
system.