Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: port-i386/36428: piixpcib boot hang on 4.0_BETA2]
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Doom Warrior <doomwarriorx@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/03/2007 08:40:16
>If you want to make it possible to print the product name, use a
>structure, mapping from ID to CPUID_PIII_REV_X and whether the

I don't want to find out any textual description of the processor.
Please look at the complete
code. As I already wrote the complete else part is bogus. I would
completly remove the hole thing or the driver has do by modified to be
configurable with default settings.
My intention to use those cpuids was mainly to not modify the driver
on systems wich use the default path with a valid processor. I also
don't like this detection routine, because it's strongly  ugly. But
there is no documented better way to find out, if the processor is
supported or not.

By the way, if the man page is ok, please could somebody commit? The
Man page is not related to this bug. I wrote the man page because
there is no actually.

Best Regards
Stephan

PS. Please keep me on CC, I'm not subscriped to this list.