Subject: Re: tell nfs_boot to ignore boottstatic
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/02/2007 00:25:48
On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 10:59:08PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hi,
> currently, if NFS_BOOT_BOOTSTATIC is defined, it will be tried first and
> other methods will be tried only if nfs_bootstatic() returns an error.
> There's no real way to tell from *nfs_bootstatic_callback() that we don't
> want BOOTSTATIC (we could return something that would cause
> nfs_boot_setaddress() to return an error but it's not a real solution.

Can you give a bit more background?

NFS_BOOT_BOOTSTATIC seems to be undocumented and only used in xen. I see from
the code what it does from the nfs point of view, but I don't understand why
you would want it to fail (not understanding the existing xen part, esp. where
it gets it's config info from).

Martin