Subject: Re: proplib changes
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/29/2007 07:10:35
Hello,

# Jachym Holecek 2007-06-26:
> I think I'll ask Core for decision about SCN -- clearly I'm too biased
> myself and there's no point in turning this discussion into a flamefest
> (which seems to be where it's headed).

I've changed my mind and won't waste Core's time on this. The work was
done with good intent, but I was simply mistaken -- there's no point
in adding support for arbitrary codecs (XML and binary are sufficient
and pledit will help wherever direct human manipulation is needed[*]).

Consider the proposal withdrawn, and sorry about the amount the spam it
induced (although some good technical points raised as well as some
wildly delusioned replies have been a true eye opener on the subject).

	-- Jachym

[*] pledit can let the user edit plist's real structure (a tree, basically),
    something a text editor can't ever archieve (unless we're talking about
    emacs-or-such with a "plist mode")