Subject: Re: proplib changes
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/29/2007 01:46:45
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:41:44 -0700
"Wraukon the Excellent" <wraukon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, going to XML configuration for what were previously
> human-readable formats for services seems a pretty egregiously
> gratuitous move.
>
> I don't know which bonehead came up with the thought that that was a
> good thing.  I'd love to smack him in the kneecaps for that one.
>
> ...and I pray that NetBSD doesn't go in that direction.  It's
> tantamount to having a system registry that needs a special tool to
> configure inetd and everything else.

I still don't get why you need a "special" tool to edit files with
plists... you can use your favourite editor!

I'm one of the persons that I'm not against config files in plist format,
we are free to decide :-)

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish