Subject: Re: FYI: ENVSYS 2 ready
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2007 14:55:09
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:01:59 +0900 (JST)
yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi) wrote:

> > http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/envsys2_api5.diff
> > http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/envsys2_drivers2.diff
>
> - on my machine, without your patch, it takes a while after a system boot
>   for sensors to appear in "envstat -r".  (i don't know why.)

Which patch are you talking about?

>   with your patch, envstat (the same old binary) shows these sensors with
>   weird values.
>   (eg. " Planar Temp:   -273.150 degC", "   FAN 1 RPM:          0 RPM")
>   and it takes a while for them to show sane values.
>
>   is it an intended change?

Can you try enabling debug? (with ENVSYS_DEBUG). I would like to know
why the events were not registered with sme_event_drvadd().

Can you show full 'envstat -r' output?

> - the following is a diff of dmesgs, with and without your patches.
>   is it expected?

The messages "Callback scheduled before sysmon task queue thread present"
comes from sysmon_taskq.c and it's very annoying... perhaps we can
remove it.

The other messages are expected, if a sensor changes its state (for
example from ENVSYS_SVALID to ENVSYS_SCRITOVER) you'll see those
messages.

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish