Subject: forcing IRQ reallocation with ACPI
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2007 20:12:12
For some reason, my BIOS likes to put just about everything on IRQs 10
and 11 (especially 11).  The result is that my audio drops out if
there's a burst of network traffic, and it can barely function at all
if I'm burning a CD.  PCI_INTR_FIXUP doesn't seem to do anything,
probably because everything already seems OK.  Is there any way I can
force its preferences as to which IRQs to use?  I guess I could try
disabling some on-board devices, but in my experience this can be
dangerous as sometimes that doesn't have the effect that it claims.

Thanks,

--Blair