Subject: Re: proplib changes
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2007 23:49:53
--------------000005080505000503000402

Jason Thorpe skrev:

> On Jun 26, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
>> Fun. For more than 20 years, people playing with Unix seems to have
>> disagreed with that.
>
> ...and who's the largest volume seller of Unix systems these days? :-)

Hmm. I bet Linux systems account for most Unix systems these days.

But this just brings me back to the question if we want to do what
others already are doing successfully? (Ie. Microsoft).
Is that the only goal of NetBSD? To be accepted and used by the most
number of people? Trying to accomodate for the largest group of people?
Using the lowest common denominator?

I predict we'll fail.

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip