Subject: Re: proplib changes
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2007 23:10:58
Jason Thorpe skrev:

> On Jun 26, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Jachym Holecek wrote:
>
>> The point of SCN is not to be "compatible", but to be "user friendly".
>
> And this is where everyone misses the point.  Any time you edit a text
> file in a free-form editor, it's not "user friendly" pretty much by
> definition.

Fun. For more than 20 years, people playing with Unix seems to have
disagreed with that. And other alternatives have always existed, in
other operating systems.
That have been one of the strongest points in favour of Unix, and now
we're disbanding it.

How did we come to this sorry state? (I'm really curious...) (And yes,
"sorry" is just my personal opinion.)

Who was it that said that the only thing we learn from history, is that
we don't learn from history?

	Johnny