Subject: Re: proplib changes
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2007 22:46:32
Jared D. McNeill skrev:
> On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 12:02 +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>> So, what when my system is really borked, and I can't get proplib to
>> work? I guess I'm pretty toast then? (Getting systems into a
>> semi-catastrophic state have happened to me a few times.)
>
> Are you joking?

No. I have had times when I have had to modify or overwrite
configuration files in systems where almost nothing have been working as
it should.
The idea that you'll have a tool converting from some tricky format into
something human readable and editable, which you then edit, and then it
gets converted back basically requires that some bits of the system is
working right, or the answer will be "reinstall the system, please".

	Johnny