Subject: Re: FYI: ENVSYS 2 ready
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/21/2007 06:54:56
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:47:43 +0200
Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:16:42 +0200
> Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org> wrote:
>
> > - Old powerd(8) won't work anymore because POWER_EVENT_MSG_SIZE
> >   is now 128 bytes, where previously it used 32 bytes. There's no easy
> >   way to support the old powerd.
>
> This is not valid anymore, I just added support for a "dictionary based
> communication channel" between sysmon_power.c and powerd(8).
> Old powerd (8) works as before via COMPAT_40, but it's only able to
> handle pswitch events.

Please review the latest patches, if there are no objections or useful
comments, I'll commit it in 10 days (31st June).

The patches are separated in three components for easier reading:

http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/envsys2_api.diff
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/envsys2_drivers.diff
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/envsys2_userland.diff

You can see the manpages here:

http://www.xtrarom.org/~juan/envsys2/

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish