Subject: Re: Boot properties, take 3
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/20/2007 02:12:41
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> This looks very good. Thanks !

Yup!

> With this we should probably be able to drop i386 GENERIC_NOACPI.
> If we can also set some sysctl values from boot/userconf, we should also
> be able to drop GENERIC_LAPTOP and INSTALL_LAPTOP !

I wonder how we'll do that from a user/installer point: thow in GENERIC,
and then have sets with different /netbsd.plist files to get _NOACPI,
_LAPTOP, etc. kernel flavours?

Will we stop having a lot of kernels, and have different .plist files for
the various flavours in the future?

What about other ports than i386? Will they be adopted to this, which ones
can benefit from this new framework? amiga w/ DRACO and "normal" AMIGA
kernels? Others?

  - Hubert