Subject: Re: porting OSS to NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/2007 14:24:58
OK, I'll take a look at that branch.

Could you elaborate on why adding support for mmap() to azalia is
easier now?  IIRC, the problem had something to do with its multiple
streams (that can have multiple bit/sample rates and use different
encoding) and that the current audio API provides no way to expose
this beyond the driver.
I could very well be mistaken in some way, though, as I last looked
into this many months ago.

Also, on an unrelated note, binutils 2.17 complains about a symbol
definition loop in libc (wcstod vs. _wcstod).  Presumably, this is
because of the strong/weak aliases defined there.  I've never looked
at the namespace stuff except for with pthreads; do you have an idea
of what the issue could be here?  The most recent binutils snapshot
does this, too.

Thanks,

--Blair