Subject: Re: Kernel config file
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/2007 14:17:39
On 17-Jun-07, at 1:36 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 01:12:53PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>>
>> I've been thinking about this, we could have a command to generate
>> the plist file based on the currently selected userconf options. So
>> eg. you boot GENERIC, do a 'boot -c', change a bunch of crap, then
>> boot. If you like what you see, you could simply do '/usr/sbin/
>> bootprops -x >/netbsd.plist' to dump the current configuration.
>
> I was just looking at making the userconf code run in userspace.  But
> your idea is better!

I wrote the userspace userconf interface; adding the ability to dump
the current config shouldn't be too difficult.

	http://www.invisible.ca/~jmcneill/netbsd/bootprops.c

Here's a "screenshot":

	$ ./bootprops userconf netbsd.plist -l
	disable isapnp
	disable acpi
	$ ./bootprops userconf netbsd.plist -d "disable isapnp"
	$ ./bootprops userconf netbsd.plist -a "disable ehci"
	$ ./bootprops userconf netbsd.plist -l
	disable acpi
	disable ehci

Cheers,