Subject: Re: ddb help command patch
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Hamsik <haaaad@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/08/2007 00:28:16
On Jun 8, 2007, at 12:19 AM, Adam Hamsik wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have had some free time and therefore I decide to learn something
> about kernel development. When I test my code I found that netbsd
> ddb is really painful to use, mostly because I can't look at manual
> pages when I'm there.
> Without patch you can use help command only to list all commands.
>
> With my patch help command can be used to describe concrete ddb
> commands e.g.
>
> db>help break
>
> prints "Set breakpoint to address"
>
> this works also for nested commands like db> help show registers
>
> I have added description to few of our ddb commands in which I'm sure.
> Is this useable or we don't want feature like this in our ddb
> debugger.
>
> Patch can be reviewed here [http://wasabi.fiit.stuba.sk/~haad/
> netbsd/ddb_help.diff]

I have forgot to mention, this patch have to be used with this patch [1]
if you want to compile it on our architectures. I have to change
db_machine_command_table to new format of db_command struct.

[1]http://wasabi.fiit.stuba.sk/~haad/netbsd/arch_help.diff
Regards
Adam Hamsik
jabber: haad@jabber.org