Subject: Re: GPT support still needed?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/07/2007 09:29:27
On Jun 7, 2007, at 9:24 AM, Allen Briggs wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:12:18AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>> And, FWIW, GPT partition tables are really no more complicated than
>> BSD disklabel partition tables.  the
>
> They do take some more disk space, though, and may not be appropriate
> for some systems/applications.

Not much more.  We're talking a few sectors, hardly something to loose
sleep over, even on small disks (which would also tend to have fewer
partitions, generally, and thus fewer sectors used for the partition
map).  The slop space between the beginning of the partition and the
file system superblock "wastes" much more.

-- thorpej