Subject: Re: systrace and non-existent files
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Piotrowski <mxp@dynalabs.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/17/2007 09:38:08
On 2007-05-16, christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> On May 16,  6:16pm, hubert@feyrer.de (Hubert Feyrer) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: systrace and non-existent files

> | > Please send-pr this message so that it does not get lost and we'll pull
> | > up the fix. In the meantime you can do this yourself, by applying the
> | > fix and building a new kernel.
> |
> | As far as I understand, this is not a request for pullup, but for
> | backout...
>
> Yes, but we probably need to understand what's going on first...
> I.e. what does the code at head look like.

Exactly, that's why I asked.  I can revert to the working revision on my
system, no problem, but apparently the code was removed because of
problems elsewhere (KDE!?), without considering or noticing the effect
this had on systrace.  Simply putting it back in would probably continue
the "yoyo effect" we've already seen: Working, not working, working...
It would be good if this could be avoided.

I'll do a send-pr as soon as I've got some time.

Greetings

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                               <mxp@dynalabs.de>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt>