Subject: Re: fiber channel recommendations?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/14/2007 17:57:54
On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 07:02:11PM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 04:31:40PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:11:15PM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>[..]
>
>> >Can you try to reduce it to 2GB and test the connection with it?
>>
>> ...no, because it has 8 2Gb modules and each of the 2 CPU
>> need one module, the lowest I could go is 4Gb, would that be
>> okay? Otherwise I could borrow a pair of 1Gb modules from another
>> computer, tomorrow... is there a boot parameter to do the same
>> thing?
>
>Did you had the chance to do any tests with the ram?

The author of the driver said (off line) this was an unlikely a
factor. So, I've been less than enthusiastic about breaking down
two systems to lower the RAM wiliest multitasking other issues.

The other part of my question was what dev would the OS see the
media through the LSI (Apple) fibre card also in the machine?
(or is there something else I should be doing to access media)
Per "everyone's" expectations _that_ card should be working as a
mature driver, and connected to an idiot proof raid enclosure.

Does the Apple LSI have a bios interface? It's configured okay per
dmesg (seems a warning about copper vs fibre cable). The enclosure
is putting LUNs up. But I don't seen anything at /dev/ld0 or
/dev/sd0.

Having two fibre cards connected to the enclosure
(and LUNs on each channel), it's frustrating not
seeing any media.

scsibus0 at mpt0: 256 targets, 8 luns per target
scsibus1 at mpt1: 256 targets, 8 luns per target

While there may be a driver issue with the qlogic card, I expect
the LSI card to just work.  Am I accessing the wrong device, do I
need to do something else to get it online?

// George

--
George Georgalis, information systems scientist <IXOYE><