Subject: Re: callout(9), IPL_NONE and IPL_SOFTCLOCK
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/2007 10:50:33
On Sat, 12 May 2007 17:42:00 +0900 (JST)
yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi) wrote:

> > Andrew (or someone else), do you know what is it? I mean, why do
> > I have to change all mutexes inside of the callout to IPL_SOFTCLOCK?
>
> have you read mutex(9)?

Yes, many times... there's no mention about when to use different
IPL types or when you shouldn't mix them.

Anyway, Matt Thomas told me that I cannot use an IPL lower than the
current IPL level, only higher.

That means that I'll have to change the ACPI mutex to IPL_SOFTCLOCK
to be happy with envsys2, or do you have any better suggestion?

--
http://plog.xtrarom.org/
Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish