Subject: Re: TFTP'ing RAMdisk at root mount time (updated patch)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/08/2007 08:11:09
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org> wrote:

> > I attempted to reuse libsa code from within the kernel, but
> > obviously it
> > was not written for that purpose: just tryling to include a .c will
> > produce a bunch of dupliacate declarations.
>
> I don't see any pressing need to share the code.  I would prefer
> libsa's TFTP be receive-only and lean, and that the kernel actually
> get nice, plump, featureful TFTP code that can send AND receive.

That's desirable, so is the code refactoring (sharing a .h with libsa,
removing DHCP from NFS, and so on), I think I'll work a bit on this
later.

In the meantime, I've committed my proposed patch, as it allows working
around situation where you can't boot because the RAMdisk is too big. I
think that had to be addressed.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz