Subject: re: TFTP'ing RAMdisk at root mount time (updated patch)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/08/2007 09:42:05

   > matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> wrote:
   >
   >> it seems to me that this is duplicating a lot of what is in libsa.
   >> infact, the patch has at least comment to that effect.  i wonder if
   >> there is a better way to share this..
   >
   > I attempted to reuse libsa code from within the kernel, but
   > obviously it
   > was not written for that purpose: just tryling to include a .c will
   > produce a bunch of dupliacate declarations.

   I don't see any pressing need to share the code.  I would prefer
   libsa's TFTP be receive-only and lean, and that the kernel actually
   get nice, plump, featureful TFTP code that can send AND receive.

that's OK.  i'd like to see #defines and structures describing
tftp in only one location with a shared header, however.

.mrg.