Subject: Re: envsys version 2 API
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/05/2007 11:26:46
On Fri, 4 May 2007 22:19:01 -0700
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org> wrote:

> Agreed.  And why add another daemon -- extend powerd(8) (and maybe
> make powerd(8) use a dictionary-based communication channel, while
> you're at it...)

You are right. I'll extend powerd to understand envsys events,
when a sensor exceeds the high/low watermarks an event will be sent
to userland, something like PENVSYS_UNDERCRITICAL and PENVSYS_OVERCRITICAL.

I think the best place for handling envsys sensors
is /etc/powerd/scripts/device0/sensorN.

Do you have any better idea for the naming scheme in the scripts and/or
events in sysmon_power.c?

--
http://plog.xtrarom.org/
Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish