Subject: Re: envsys version 2 API
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/04/2007 11:20:08
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 21:25:39 +0900 (JST)
yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi) wrote:

> > IMHO we need only two ioctls ENVSYS_GRANGE and ENVSYS_GETDATA (which
> > uses a struct plistref), the code will be simplified a lot.
>
> what will you do about the current api/abi?

I have implemented support for the old API enabled with COMPAT_40
(well, not fully; only ENVSYS_GTREDATA and ENVSYS_GTREINFO ioctls are
implemented), but that's enough to make old envstat and apps from pkgsrc to
work correctly (gkrellm).

I have rewritten new envstat from scratch (still not finished):

http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/envstat.c

And

http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/sysmon_envsys.c
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/envsys.h
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/sysmonvar.h

Still more work to do, because I have plans to port sensorsd from OpenBSD,
and finish the ENVSYS_SETDICTIONARY ioctl (to change rfact/rpms/desc in
the drivers via envstat on the fly).

No more problems with API/ABI right now :-)

--
http://plog.xtrarom.org/
Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish