Subject: Re: zfs target platform
To: Oliver Gould <ogould@olix0r.net>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2007 20:29:44
In article <20070503180335.GA1528@olix0r.net> Oliver wrote:
: On 2007-05-03 19:25 -0500, Juan RP wrote:
: > On Thu, 3 May 2007 08:43:51 -0400
: > Oliver Gould <ogould@olix0r.net> wrote:

: > > My question is: what NetBSD version should I target?

: > > Any thoughts/advice on the matter?
: >
: > Yes, if I'm not wrong zfs uses atomic ops. There's a branch called
: > thorpej-atomic... you'll have to take a look at the primitives
: > implemented there and use them appropiately.

: Very interesting-- it's good to know that the atomic ops have already
: been worked on.  Thanks for the heads-up.

: Is it safe to assume that thorpej-atomic has been merged with -current
: recently enough for newlock2 to be present?

  thorpej-atomic has not been merged yet, but was branched after
newlock2 was merged.  So the thorpej-atomic branch has newlock2.

: > (Jason R. Thorpe is one of your mentors)

: Are you sure about this?  I'm happy to have more guidance; but this
: comes as news to me.

  To me as well.

						yours,
						dillo