Subject: Re: zfs target platform
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Oliver Gould <ogould@olix0r.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2007 14:03:35
On 2007-05-03 19:25 -0500, Juan RP wrote:
> On Thu, 3 May 2007 08:43:51 -0400
> Oliver Gould <ogould@olix0r.net> wrote:

> > My question is: what NetBSD version should I target?

> > Any thoughts/advice on the matter?
>
> Yes, if I'm not wrong zfs uses atomic ops. There's a branch called
> thorpej-atomic... you'll have to take a look at the primitives
> implemented there and use them appropiately.

Very interesting-- it's good to know that the atomic ops have already
been worked on.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Is it safe to assume that thorpej-atomic has been merged with -current
recently enough for newlock2 to be present?

> (Jason R. Thorpe is one of your mentors)

Are you sure about this?  I'm happy to have more guidance; but this
comes as news to me.

  - Oliver