Subject: Re: envsys version 2 API
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/25/2007 02:29:06
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:40:39 -0700
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org> wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Juan RP wrote:
>
> > I've converted aiboost(4), if you are interested in the XML output
> > that envstat(8) will parse:
> >
> > http://www.xtrarom.org/~juan/envsys2/output.txt
>
> Couple of comments:
>
> 1- Overall, looks pretty good!
>
> 2- Are all the keys in the "aiboost0" dictionary "sensor0" ..
> "sensorN"?  And will all of the drivers report them this way?  If so,
> then it is probably best for that object to be an array, e.g.:
>
> 	<key>aiboost0</key>
> 	<array>
> 		<dict>
> 			<key>cur-value</key>
> 			<integer>313150000</integer>
> 			.
> 			.
> 			.
> 		</dict>
> 		.
> 		.
> 		.
> 	</array>

Ok... I did not get why you did want me to use an array, but I knew
there was a good reason.

Using an array of dictionaries simplified even more the code to
update the sensor's dictionary, thanks.

Refresh again your browser to see output and code.

Going to finish STREINFO and kqueue support now...

--
http://plog.xtrarom.org/
Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish