Subject: Re: port bio(4) and bioctl(8) from openbsd ?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/09/2007 12:30:02
On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 12:57:25AM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> I'm curious, the output of envstat was full? I mean, with 6 hard disks,
> you only get the state of two of them?

It only shows the logical volumes (this is what openbsd does). It should be
easy to show the physical drives instead, or both of them; but I think
we're interested in the state of the logical drives (a LD can go degraded
even if all physical drives appear fine).

> And another thing, it would be nice to commit new drivers without
> splfoo(), and convert them to use mutexes/condvars/etc.

Sure. But the mutex(9) isn't clear as to when to use what kind of mutexes,
what the arguments are for, etc ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>